Sunday 17 August 2014

Osprey again!

Having given up on seeing the osprey this late afternoon I moved to the Island hide and within half an hour the osprey turned up on the river.  These first 4 photos were taken from the island hide whilst it was over the river so I was never very near.






A quick dash back to the Tower hide and I was just in time to see it dive (unsuccessfully) for a fish.  It  then proceeded to the edge of the river for a bath before flying off towards Axminster.  Unfortunately it was never very close but wonderful to see anyway.









I had actually gone back to Black Hole Marsh this afternoon for the ruff in the sun but was unsuccessful so here is one I took this morning when it was raining


Also in the rain a black tailed godwit with some of the dunlin



No comments:

Post a Comment