Saturday 7 May 2016

Caught off guard

Most people know I'm rather obsessed with kites but am never that successful at seeing them unless up high.  Well today that changed as a red kite suddenly flew low over some trees close by carrying what looked like a rat (or possibly just half) and being harassed by crows.   Unfortunately the light was poor in its direction; I wasn't prepared for it and it came a bit too close for me to get in some of the frames as you can see.  It was gone as quickly as it appeared and soon disappeared over the top of the next line of trees.  It made my evening though I have to say.  Maybe next time I'll get the blue sky to go with it.





 These red legged partridges are what I was photographing when the kite flew over



There have been quite a few wheatears passing through recently.




A few meadow pipits


And lastly this is Phils garden warbler.  Best I could manage as it was never going to keep still


No comments:

Post a Comment